Betty Fay's World!

Friday, September 18, 2009

Back Seat Driver

As women, we invest not only physically and mentally, but most of all emotionally in our children. We give them birth(God gives them life), we change their diapers, we help with homework, we watch as they go out on dates, hoping that they make right choices along the way. We then, take a back seat to their lives. They go along not realizing that, they too will take this road. Watching as their children grow and start making their choices. One thing that I never thought of was how their choices would effect the "back-seat" parents. We try not to butt in or offer too much opinion, but it gets hard sometimes. Are they thinking that because you do not say something about a way of life that they have developed, as approval? Do they even care about what we think anymore? Can we actually help them, not money wise but heart wise? Do they want us to? These are questions that roll around in my mind quite often. Then,today as I was thinking on these things, I wondered if they have thought about how it's gonna feel when their children are grown and they don't seem to care what they think...It's something to think about...I never did...When you're 60 years old, will your son or daughter respect your opinion? Will they listen out of courtesy? Will they totally disregard everthing you have tried to teach them? If they think back to their teen years, do they want their kids to go down the same path or one that's even close? You can not, I repeat, YOU CAN NOT make anyone do what's right...It's their choice, even when they are young...All I know is that I wanted more for my kids...I wanted them to make better choices than I did...but mostly, I wanted them to seek God more than I did...He is the best shot you got...so why not take it...sitting on a fence can be fun for a while, but you can't hold hands with two worlds...you have to choose...because if you don't the fence will choose for you..you will be pulled off by one of the two sides...which will it be? You think these times of recession are bad? Just wait..it will get worse..the Bible says it will and so far everything that has been predicted has happened..go check for your self. So I say...EQUIP, EQUIP you children with weapons of the heart that only God and His word can provide. Think of the time when you are not around...will they be able to stand alone..they may have to..It's up to you to help them know how...If you are unsure how...Find out...HELP THEM KNOW...You are their only link to knowing..Ask yourself this, AM I doing the best I know how to ensure my child's mind, soul and body? All you can do is your best ,in HIM, and if you fail, get up and try again..They are worth your best effort. And ,remember, the "back-seat" may have some good advice sometimes, Ask...It can't hurt to listen to someone who may have already walked the way you are headed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home